Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What I've learned...



Overall, the experience of following other professionals and organizations on Twitter and blogger has been very helpful, yet overwhelming. There are so many great ideas and sites out there, that it becomes difficult to sort what to use and what not to use. In terms of following other teachers and their blogs, I have found that there are so many great ideas out there and it's somewhat refreshing to see what people outside of the district you're working in are doing. I've already adopted several ideas from one of the blogs for this coming Fall.

With the Twitter pages, I have found the sites that post current trends and news stories in the field of education to be helpful as well. I think it's very easy to get in deep with you own district or state that it becomes easy to neglect what other states are doing. It's nice to take a few minutes each week just to check out what's going on around the country in education news. I've particularly enjoyed reading what's going on in the world of RTI from the Twitter page. Because this is becoming such a huge national trend, I feel that it's also my responsibility to educate myself so that I can be better prepared for what's to come in the future.

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely refreshing to see trends across the country. Sometimes I am amazed at what is happening in other places but many times I am surprised by the common issues that teachers are finding everywhere. I notice this the most when I attend a national conference.

    ReplyDelete